This Privacy Notice describes how One97 USA Inc. and our affiliates (collectively, “Paytm,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) collect, use, disclose, transfer, store, retain or otherwise process your information when you (“you,” “your”) download the Paytm App through a relevant app store and sign up for a Paytm account and use our services (collectively, “Services”) through the app or online (collectively, “Platforms”) at www.getpaytm.com.
You are advised to read this Privacy Notice carefully. By visiting Paytm’s Platforms or using our Services, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Personal Information You Provide to Access Our Services
When you request a Service from us, we collect personal information as necessary to provide the requested Service. We collect information you provide when you apply or sign up for a Paytm account, go through our identity or account verification process, authenticate your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, participate in contests or promotions offered by us or our partners, or otherwise use our Services.
Depending on the Service that is requested, this information may include:
- Personal Data. Demographic and other personally identifiable information, such as a name, email address, photo, date of birth, government identification number (such as a Social Security Number, Employer Identification Number, Passport Number, or Driver’s License Number), or occupation/principal business.
- Login data. Data relating to your login credentials, such as your IP address, actions made on the Paytm platform, mobile device information (if accessing Paytm through a mobile device), including the phone numbers and address.
- Financial data. Such as your bank account and payment methods you add to your Paytm account.
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to make, accept, or request payments, we collect information such as: when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Identification Information. Such as: name, email address, and authentication credentials (for example, information you use to log in to your Paytm account).
- Contact Information. In order to provide you with the Service, we will also need to collect information from you about the intended recipient of the payment you request us to make. We will therefore ask you to provide contact details of your intended recipient.
Personal Information You Provide to Enhance Your Experience
You can choose to provide us with additional information to improve your user experience when using our Services:
- Other Information You Provide. We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including survey responses; participation in contests, or other prospective marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions you perform on the Services.
Personal Information We Collect From Your Use of our Services
We collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information that we collect includes:
- Geolocation Information. The location of your device, including your IP address, device language, and location of your network provider. For more information and to learn how to disable collection of location information from your mobile device, please see below.
- Device Information. Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. Information about how you use and interact with our Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, IP address, the domain name of your internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your use of the Services, your search terms, and the website you visited before you visited or used the Services.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information we collect to create a profile about you that may reflect, for example, your preferences, characteristics, and behavior, including for account security purposes or to enhance our Services to you.
Sources of Information We Collect About You
We collect (and/or have collected during at least the 12-month period preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice) information about you from the following categories of sources:
- You directly, when you submit information to us or allow us to access information
- Your devices and how you interact with our Services
- Our Group Companies or affiliates
- Other sources, including:
- Identity Verification. Information from third-party verification services (e.g., identity verification agencies and through companies which provide third party analytics (see “Third-Party Analytics” below)), and publicly available sources. In some circumstances, where lawful, this information can include your government-issued identification number.
- Credit, Compliance, and Fraud. Information about you from third parties for any credit investigation, credit eligibility, identity or account verification process, fraud detection process, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law. This includes, without limitation, the receipt and exchange of account or credit-related information with any credit reporting agency or credit bureau, where lawful, and any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship, including without limitation past, present, and future places of employment, financial institutions, and personal reporting agencies.
Use of Personal Information
We may collect, use and share (or have collected, used or shared during at least the 12-month period preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice), information to:
- Administer, improve and personalize your experience on the Platforms
- Provide the Services you have requested
- Measure consumer interest in our Platforms and Services
- Provide you with personalized offers and updates relating to Services that may be of interest to you based on your previous interactions with our Platforms and use of our Services.
- Occasionally send you surveys.
- These surveys ask you for contact information and demographic information (like postal code, age, gender, etc.). We use this data to customize your experience at Paytm, provide you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
- Resolve disputes, troubleshoot concerns and help promote safe Services
- Verify your identity in compliance with requirements under anti-money laundering legislation (which may include checking identity against verification sources such as credit bureaus or records maintained by utility or telecommunications companies, and watch lists established by regulatory agencies and similar bodies in Canada and foreign countries)
- Detect, prevent and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity
- Meet legal, regulatory and self-regulatory requirements
- Enforce our terms and conditions and collect amounts owed to us
We may use personal information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell your data without your express consent. We may disclose personal information to third parties as necessary to provide a Service you have requested, including the following categories of service providers and third parties:
Other Users of our Services with Whom You Interact
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information with the person(s) with whom you transact when you make or accept a payment or money transfer using our Services. This helps them know they’re getting money from you (or that you requested a payment from them).
Affiliates and Group Companies
- With our Group Companies and corporate affiliates, for the reasons outlined above. For example, we may share your information internally to understand how you engage with Paytm company products to help make our Services better for you and for everyone, and to help us build Services tailored to your preferences.
- With service providers that perform Services on our behalf, for example, call center, marketing, analytics, information technology and data hosting and processing.
- We may use and disclose personal information to parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Paytm or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. Our assignees or successors may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- With service providers that help us run our advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities.
Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the Services; or
- If we do or try to do a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring (including during due diligence and negotiation of these); the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; the financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change.
Safety and Compliance with Law
- We may disclose personal information as necessary to resolve disputes, detect, prevent, and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce our terms and conditions, collect amounts owed to us, meet legal, regulatory, self-regulatory, audit, and security requirements, and in other circumstances with your consent or as permitted or required by law; or
- Personal information will be subject to US and foreign legal requirements applicable to us, our affiliates and service providers, which may include lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government and national security agencies in certain circumstances.
With Your Consent
With your consent. For example:
- At your direction or as described at the time you agree to share; or
- When you authorize a third party application or website to access your information.
- Periodically, we may reveal general statistical information about Paytm and its users, such as the number of visitors, number and type Services rendered, and similar information.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies may be used to track your visit to our Platforms and other third party sites in order to serve you with advertisements that are more relevant to you and your inferred interests. Cookies are also used to remember you and your preferences when you visit our site, to track the pages of our site that you visit, limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as help to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. Cookies may be placed by us or advertising networks.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics service providers to help us with our app or online Services. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs to help us analyze how you use our app or online Services. We may disclose your site-use information (including IP address) to these analytics providers, and other service providers who use the information to help us figure out how you and others use our app or online Services.
- [To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/ or https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
- To learn more about BugSnag, please visit https://docs.bugsnag.com/legal/privacy-policy/.
- To learn more about Crashlytics, please visit https://fabric.io/terms.]
How Long We Keep Your Information
We generally keep your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. However, even after you deactivate your account, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide our Services.
You can access, change, or correct information that you have provided by logging into your Paytm account at any time or by making a request to us using the contact details below. We will need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
Closing Your Account
If you would like to have your account closed permanently, please contact us at email@example.com
In order to provide certain Services, we may require access to location information, including precise geolocation information collected from your device. If you do not consent to collection of this information, certain Services will not function properly and you will not be able to use those Services. You can stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, some of our mobile applications will no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information via mobile application by following the standard uninstall process to remove Paytm mobile applications from your device.
Do Not Track
Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to websites you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. [At this time, our websites are not designed to respond to DNT signals or similar mechanisms from browsers.]
You can opt out of receiving in-app push notifications containing promotional messages from us by following the instructions on screen or by following the instructions in those messages. If you decide to opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications in-app, or via email and text, such as transaction receipts and messages about your account, or our processing of your information in accordance with the provision of our Services.
Rights of California Residents
If you live in California, the following additional rights apply to you.
Right to Know
You may have the right to request, up to twice in a 12-month period, to see the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- The business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- The categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
To request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, see “How to exercise your rights” below. You may find all of the other information listed above in this Privacy Notice.
California law gives you the right to ask if we disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes (we do not disclose your personal information for others’ direct marketing purposes).
Right of Deletion
You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we have collected from you (subject to exceptions the law provides). Please note that you may no longer be able to use our Services if you delete your personal information.
Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
You have the right to ask if we sell or share your personal information to third parties. You also have the right to opt out of such sales or our sharing of the personal information we have collected from you. We will never sell your data without your express consent.
Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right to ask us to limit the use of any sensitive personal information we have collected from you to only include what is necessary to perform our services.
Right of Non-Discrimination
You have the right to not be discriminated against if you exercise these privacy rights. We will not discriminate against you, deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different quality of goods or Services if you choose to exercise these rights.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you live in California and would like to send us a request to exercise one of your above rights, you may do so online by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity and will require you to be logged in to your Paytm account before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf as permitted under law, though before we process that request, we will require that you provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and verify your identity directly with us.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are only available to customers age 18 and older. If we learn that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information.
Paytm has appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, designed to protect the information against unauthorized access. Authorized Paytm employees and agents who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
If you are aware of a security bug, notifying us immediately is in the best interest of all users. For information on how to contact us, please visit [https://bugbounty.paytm.com].
Storage and Processing
We may, and we may use third-party service providers to process and store your information in the United States, Canada.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice may change at any time without prior notification. To make sure that you are aware of any changes, kindly review the policy periodically. This Annual Privacy Notice is effective as of the date above.
Access, Correction, and Contacting Us
Paytm may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above. Your file will be stored on our servers or those of our service providers. If you wish to request access to or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the address or email listed below. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us at the <Physical Address> or by emailing us at email@example.com.